Start: 05h30 at the City Hall in Pietermaritzburg, South Africa
Finish: 17h30 at Sahara Stadium, Kingsmead in Durban, South Africa
Distance: 89km – 56 miles

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Running across the Bridge of Sighs

Hello from Venice! Just spent the past four days exploring the alleys, canals, and wine bars of this lovely city and of course, had to top off the trip with a run. Exercised both my running and crazy muscles this morning when I went I ventured out of the hotel at 6am to brave the streets. Armed only with my Hoya basketball shirt and slip of paper with my hotel's name, I spent the next 40 minutes sprinting up and down the myriad of stair cases (unexpectedly good hill training for Comrades...) and getting a chance to see the city finally sans touristas. Not only a fantastic run but also managed to avoid being kidnapped and getting trafficked. You think I jest, but seriously my mum was having vivid ightmares about this... Minor details.

Photos of Venetian adventures to come soon!

2 comments: