Start: 05h30 at the City Hall in Pietermaritzburg, South Africa
Finish: 17h30 at Sahara Stadium, Kingsmead in Durban, South Africa
Distance: 89km – 56 miles

Saturday, February 13, 2010

This weekend is made of alcohol and win. And running.

Braved the snowpocalpyse and headed down to DC for the long weekend! Although it's definitely been 48 hours of Olympic themed jello shots, NAIMUN sketching, and epic reunions, still managed to sneak in a run yesterday morning at Emily's gym. Possibly the most painful experience of my life - sweating tequila for five+ miles is not fun. FYI, just in case you ever develop a temporary case of insanity and think that sounds like a great idea.

Hungover runs - yay or nay? May not be the most thought provoking question but considering the number of brain cells I killed last night, it's remarkable that I can even type this post. Usually I feel like running expedites the detox process, although I'm not sure of the science behind that... Placebo effect anyone?

Anyways, assuming the snow holds off and the roads are clear, I'll do my weekly long run tomorrow morning along the Potomac River. Really looking forward to returning to my old running haunt and trotting down to Mount Vernon. Also feeling very inspired to athletic greatness after watching a bit of the winter biathlon - cross country sprinting a 10K seems a lot more taxing that my leisurely 11miler.

2 comments:

  1. officially signed up for the broad street run! woo

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps shout out to you in the title of this post, obvs.

    ReplyDelete