Start: 05h30 at the City Hall in Pietermaritzburg, South Africa
Finish: 17h30 at Sahara Stadium, Kingsmead in Durban, South Africa
Distance: 89km – 56 miles

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Broad Street 10 Mile!

So turns out after all I AM signed up for the Philadelphia Broad Street 10 Mile race this Sunday! Confirmation was lacking until this morning when Kim found my bib number on their website (thanks, dear). Like many other long distance races, the Broad Street 10 miler sold out for the first time in its 30 year history. Online registration closed earlier than expected in March so I was forced to snail mail in my application and wait for written confirmation that I had a spot. Radio silence. However, according to their website I got in and am all set for Sunday! Lesson learned that I shouldn't procrastinate race reg in the future so all this confusion can be avoided, especially since more and more races are filling up faster than ever.

Really looking forward to this race as first and foremost it'll be a lovely Hoya reunion to run with Kimi-chan, Mike, and Tim! This is the second of many races Kim and I will be running together in preparation for this fall's Marine Corps Marathon. Woot! Also this is my first trip to Philly (I know, total East Coast fail) so Kim and I will do a little exploring on Saturday. Perhaps we'll even run into a veryvery drunk Greg who's skipping out on this race to go to his friend's 4 day bar-hopping bachelor party. His liver may never be the same again.

Anyways, if any of y'all live or find yourself in Philly this weekend, we'd love to see you at the finish line!

2 comments:

  1. good luck to all, i'm sure you'll be amazing! Kim make sure she gets the full culinary tour you and Ben gave to me and Peter. I think a trip through the Italian market would make for good carbo-loading (plus canolis, hard to beat)

    ReplyDelete
  2. water ice? anybody for some water ice? it would probably also tie in to the slushie article dasha sent you, since it's supposed to go up to almost 90 on sunday (bah).

    I'm tempted to take her a different route and show her boathouse row, because I thought it'd be cute to show her where Christina rowed out of in HS...turns out they BOUGHT THEIR OWN BOATHOUSE a few miles upriver, whoops?

    Eating tour of Philly it is.

    ReplyDelete