Start: 05h30 at the City Hall in Pietermaritzburg, South Africa
Finish: 17h30 at Sahara Stadium, Kingsmead in Durban, South Africa
Distance: 89km – 56 miles

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Another Couch Potato to Comrades?

South African radio DJ Brad Brown attempted to do exactly what we're trying for - he went from being a non-runner to taking part in Comrades 2010. Unfortunately, he didn't make the cut-off time at the 60km mark, so got pulled off with 29km left to go. His story is eye-opening for us trying to do the same thing in 2011 - we can use it as a tale of caution or as inspiration. Nonetheless, this definitely rings true:
"I will be the first person to admit it (now) that it was ambitious of me to attempt what I did and the odds were stacked against me from the start…To be dead honest I am gutted at not finishing the 2010 Comrades Marathon but in the same breath I am brimming with pride at what I have achieved in the last year."
From Couch Potato to Comrades

No comments:

Post a Comment